How We Help:
The Communications office provides clear, efficient and effective communications about the Chicago Public Schools. We:
- Act as the advisor/liaison between the district, media, and general public so that the public has a better understanding of CPS initiatives, accomplishments, needs and goals.
- Act as an information liaison between the district and administrators.
- Advise and assist principals and others in the district where media is concerned.
- Obtain resources for CPS programs and schools to establish marketing partnerships with appropriate companies.
- Provide timely and complete responses to requests for information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook and Twitter.
For press inquiries or general questions about CPS contact:
Chief of Strategic Planning and Communications
Media Consent Forms
In order for your child to be photographed, filmed or videotaped for non-profit use by CPS, he or she must have a consent form signed by a parent or guardian on file at school. Consent forms are generally handed out during the first week of school. Consent forms for both students and adults are available for download below. Return the signed form to your child's school.
Student media consent form: English | Spanish | Polish