We provide continuous communications and support for the Chicago Public Schools’ core initiatives, programs and strategies within the school system and between CPS, parents, citizens, partners and news media. We also manage district-wide marketing programs and initiatives.
The Communications office provides clear, efficient and effective communications about the Chicago Public Schools. We:
Creating a new CPS Right Now! program.
- Act as the advisor/liaison between the district, media, and general public so that the public has a better understanding of CPS initiatives, accomplishments, needs and goals.
- Act as an information liaison between the district and administrators.
- Advise and assist principals and others in the district where media is concerned.
- Obtain resources for CPS programs and schools to establish marketing partnerships with appropriate companies.
- Provide timely and complete responses to requests for information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
The Communications office continues to raise the profile and accomplishments of CPS, its parents, students and community through an array of media outlets. Our accomplishments include:
- Communicating CPS messages to hundreds of thousands of readers and viewers of mainstream newspapers, television broadcasts and webcasts on a weekly basis.
- Reaching a new generation of the CPS community through various online media outlets.
- Establishing revenue-generating corporate partnerships to support CPS programs and schools.
For press inquiries or general questions about CPS contact us.
Media consent forms
In order for your child to be photographed, filmed or videotaped for non-profit use by CPS, he or she must have a consent form signed by a parent or guardian on file at school. Consent forms are generally handed out during the first week of school. Consent forms for both students and adults are available for download below. Return the signed form to your child's school.
Student media consent form: English | Spanish | Polish
Adult media consent form: English
Other communications projects:
- District-wide internal email communications
- Archive catalog of CPS broadcast and print coverage
- Maintain the CPS website