Strategy and Planning supports the district's work in advancing the ultimate district goal: to ensure that every child in every school is on track at every stage in his or her CPS career to graduate prepared for success in post-secondary education and employment. To do this, we engage in strategy management, department and school planning, and facilitating major district-wide planning efforts.
Strategy and Planning is driven to advance the core and supporting strategies of instructional excellence, talent attraction and development, expanded options and opportunities, performance management, and resource alignment. In our department plan, we identified three goals for FY08:
- 80% of principals surveyed report that senior district leadership communicates district annual priorities and core and supporting strategies with one common message
- Complete FY08 milestones on time as outlined in the CPS Performance Management Roadmap
- Implement and support a revised 2008-2009 SIPAAA process for schools with an 80% satisfaction rate from principals based upon the SY08 principal survey metrics.
The Strategy and Planning focuses on five work streams:
- Communicating and refining district core strategies
- Coordinating the Performance Management initiative
- Facilitating central office strategic planning
- Managing the school improvement planning process (SIPAAA)
- Refining the Five Fundamentals for School Success, a model for whole-school improvement