Volunteer Programs are intended to provide a stream-lined pathway for parents and community stakeholders to contribute their valuable time and talents to the learning and enrichment experience of our students. Through strategic engagement with school leadership, the department is deepening the pool of volunteer talent, while establishing mutually rewarding experiences for students, parents, partners and schools. In concert with overseeing school-based volunteers at 664 District schools, the Volunteer Programs department works with an array of external organizations, including community organizations, city agencies, businesses and corporations.
Whether you are interested in judging a science fair, painting a classroom, coaching a team, or even tutoring and mentoring, we can find the right school or project for you.
Interested in becoming a CPS Volunteer?
Please follow the steps listed below.
As of September 1st, Volunteer Programs will no longer accept paper applications.
The Volunteer Process
- Volunteer submits online application to Volunteer Programs and photo ID
- Volunteer Programs confirms, per Volunteer Policy , if they are a Level 1 or Level 2 volunteer.
- Level 1 Volunteers will proceed to the next steps:
- Volunteers will receive the NEW pre-populated Fingerprint Form from Volunteer Programs to take to any Accurate Biometrics location http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/.
- They will also receive the TB form, if applicable (5 hours or more per week).
- Volunteers will be instructed to submit their Accurate Biometrics receipt to email@example.com. This will allow Volunteer Programs to track their results.
- Once all documentation has been submitted, if approved, Level 1 Volunteers will receive an approval letter stating they are cleared to start volunteering.
- Level 2 Volunteers are processed as soon as possible and will receive a letter from Volunteer Programs stating they are approved to start volunteering.
*CPS completes a background check and will accept or decline a volunteer.
For more information on how to volunteer, please contact
Volunteer Programs at 773-553-1544 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.