With approximately 417,000 students in more than 600 schools, there are many ways you can volunteer to help the Chicago Public Schools.
Whether it is judging a science fair, painting a classroom, coaching a team, or even tutoring and mentoring, if you are interested in becoming a volunteer we can find the right school or project for you. You can become a CPS volunteer in 6 easy steps.
The volunteer process
- Download and complete the volunteer application.
- Send all forms to the address provided on the form including the background check. (Please send originals)
- CPS completes background check and accepts or declines volunteer.
- School Principal authorizes volunteer.
- If a match can be found for you, you will be contacted by someone in our office.
- Volunteer is assigned to a school and begins volunteering.
Ways to volunteer
- Contact a non-profit agency that trains volunteers and organizes programs.
- Work with one of our system wide programs such as the Chicago Math and Science Initiative, Early Childhood Education, Science Fair or Academic Decathlon.
- Volunteer directly with a school of your choice.
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click
download Adobe Acrobat Reader now and follow the instructions.