The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is designed for students in grades 11-12 and offers courses for the IB Diploma, a prestigious secondary school credential recognized worldwide by institutions of higher learning. Eligibility is based on the student's previous year's national percentile rank in reading comprehension and total math or, if the student did not take the ISAT, the previous year's percentile rank in reading comprehension and total math on a different nationally normed, standardized achievement test. To be eligible to apply, students must have a minimum stanine of 5 in reading comprehension and total math. English Language Learners and students with an IEP or 504 Plan must have stanines in reading comprehension and total math that total at least 10 (e.g., 3 in reading, 7 in math; 9 in reading, 1 in math). Students may also be asked to participate in a parent-student interview at the school and to complete additional assessments.
- Teach students how to learn
- Provide an opportunity for each student to strengthen their communication skills
- Enable students to become global citizens by encouraging their understanding of people from other countries and cultures
- Earn an international diploma recognized by the leading universities in the world
- Provide a challenging and academically advanced curriculum
- Have access to an international database containing details about universities around the world
- Grades are accessible, with permission, by universities worldwide
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme application process
To apply to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, please fill out an International Baccalaureate High Schools application. You may apply online at www.apply.cps.edu, or fill out a paper application, available in both English and Spanish.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2013-2014 school year is December 14, 2012
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader nowand follow the instructions.