The Academic Centers offer an accelerated program for students in grades seven and eight. The programs are housed in seven high schools: (Harlan High School, Kenwood Academy, Lane Tech High School, Lindblom Math and Science Academy, Morgan Park High School, Taft High School and Whitney Young Magnet High School). Admissions testing is required. After the application deadline, applicants will be contacted regarding testing time, date, and location. Apply now.
- Encourage parents and provides resources to develop and support children
- Provide an academically challenging environment
- Enlist strategies to enable students to fully utilize their abilities
- Encourage the intellectual, creative, artistic and leadership skills of students
- Provide an accelerated curriculum
- Enable students to earn high school credits while in elementary school
- Maximize student potential
To apply to an Academic Center, apply online at www.apply.cps.edu or fill out a Selective Enrollment Elementary Schools (SEES) application at www.cpsoae.org – click 'Apply' and 'Application Materials.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2014-2015 school year is Dec. 13, 2013.
Learn more about some of the schools that offer this academic program:
Contact the Office of Access and Enrollment at (773) 553-2060 for more information.
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader nowand follow the instructions.