The College Bridge program offers qualified juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. Students participate voluntarily after school or in the summer, earning a semester of transferable college credit and a semester of high school elective credit upon completion of the course. CPS and the university partnerships absorb all costs of tuition, books and transportation.
Several universities offer four-year scholarships to successful College Bridge students. Participating colleges include Chicago State University; the City Colleges of Chicago; DePaul University; Loyola University; National-Louis University; Roosevelt University; Northeastern Illinois University; North Park University; Northwestern University; Roosevelt University; St. Xavier University; University of Chicago; and the University of Illinois.
- Enroll students in undergraduate college courses
- Increase confidence in the college experience
- Provide students a head start in college preparation
- Exemplary college preparatory program
- Earn college credit and high school credit for each course
- Interact, study, and learn in a college environment
- Free tuition, free books and free transportation
More information on several of the College Bridge partner universities can be found below:
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader nowand follow the instructions.