The College Bridge program offers qualified juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. Students participate voluntarily after school or in the summer, earning a semester of transferable college credit and a semester of high school elective credit upon completion of the course. CPS and the university partnerships absorb all costs of tuition, books and transportation.
Several universities offer four-year scholarships to successful College Bridge students. Participating colleges include Chicago State University; the City Colleges of Chicago; DePaul University; Loyola University; National-Louis University; Roosevelt University; Northeastern Illinois University; North Park University; Northwestern University; Roosevelt University; St. Xavier University; University of Chicago; and the University of Illinois.
- Enroll students in undergraduate college courses
- Increase confidence in the college experience
- Provide students a head start in college preparation
- Exemplary college preparatory program
- Earn college credit and high school credit for each course
- Interact, study, and learn in a college environment
- Free tuition, free books and free transportation
More information on several of the College Bridge partner universities can be found below:
North Park University Chicago
Collegiate Scholars Program
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader nowand follow the instructions.