The Transportation program strives to improve student achievement by providing safe, timely, and cost-effective transportation for all eligible students in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, as well as City ordinances and City of Chicago Board of Education policies and procedures.
- Accept students into an Options for Knowledge Program
- Provide transportation to students who cannot attend their neighborhood school because of overcrowding
- Provide transportation to students who require transportation as a support service because of special needs
- Assist parents with transportation once their student has been accepted into an academic enhancement program outside of their neighborhood
- Ensure students with special needs are able to attend programs that meet their needs
Your student's school is your main source of information about eligibility for transportation. If your student is eligible, the school can provide you with the appropriate transportation application form that needs to be filled out and signed by the parent/guardian, and then signed by the principal. The school will send in the form for processing. If you have questions about your student's eligibility for transportation, please contact his or her school.
If you are the parent of a child with disabilities for whom transportation is provided pursuant to an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan and your child is experiencing transportation related problems, call (773) 553-2860 for immediate assistance.
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader nowand follow the instructions.