Chicago Public Schools Tuition Based Preschool (TBP) offers families an affordable ten hour school-based educational program. This program is offered in a small number of elementary schools. There is a fixed tuition for all participating children.
Why Tuition Based Preschool?
The Tuition Based Preschool program provides:
- Ten hour school day for a fixed tuition
- High quality preschool experience
- A standardized curriculum: Creative Curriculum Literacy Approach is used in all classrooms, providing a research-based structure to support student growth and learning
- Operation is the length of the CPS school year
- Enrichment activities and field trips
How to Apply
Step 1: Visit each school’s webpage to gain a better understanding of the school and its program.
Step 2: Download an application.
Step 3: Submit an application directly to the school(s) you are interested in. You may apply to multiple schools.
- Each application must be accompanied by a deposit check. For the 2017-18 and 2018-19 school years the deposit amount is $700.
- This deposit is non-refundable. At the time of a placement offer, the deposit check is cashed and the amount will be credited to the annual tuition balance. However, if a placement offer is not made, the deposited check will be returned.