An application is required for schools outside of your neighborhood attendance boundary. If you are interested in charter schools, you will need to contact the school directly to obtain an application.
Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any school including those that require testing. If accommodations for testing are required, as indicated in the student's Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan, please contact the Office of Specialized Services at 773-553-1800.
Remember: an application is not required if the student plans to attend his or her neighborhood school.
Complete the Standard Elementary application
- The Standard Elementary application can be used for any schools or programs that list the "Standard application" under Admissions on their profile. It is also available in Spanish .
You may apply to up to 20 schools on a single application, using school codes to identify the schools to which you are applying. The codes for each school can be found in the Options for Knowledge Guide , as well as on the Office of Access and Enrollment website, www.cpsoae.org . Instructions for completing the Standard Elementary application are on the reverse of the application. The Options for Knowledge Guide is also available in Spanish.
- If you wish to receive a notification once your application has been received, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard. If your card is not returned within two weeks (after submission of the application), please contact the Office of Access and Enrollment.
- Please note: acceptance is not guaranteed upon submission of an application.
- The Standard Elementary application can be used for students applying to schools that are outside of their attendance area.
- The Standard application does not apply to Charter schools, Regional Gifted Centers, Academic Centers, Classical schools, or the International Gifted Program. To apply to these schools, complete and submit the Selective Enrollment Elementary Schools (SEES) application, which is available in both English and Spanish .
To view some of the documents provided on this page, you need Acrobat Reader. If you do not have this program, click download Adobe Acrobat Reader nowand follow the instructions.