The home school address search is provided to allow easy access and visual display of school boundary and school location information. Every reasonable effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the maps and data provided; nevertheless, some information may not be accurate. All data visualizations on maps should be considered approximate.
Boundary Questions? School boundary confirmation can only be officially confirmed through the Office of Strategy Management at 773.553.3270.
Enrollment Questions? Questions regarding specific enrollment procedures should be directed to the Office of Access and Enrollment at 773.553.2060.
The school locator allows you to search for CPS schools by name, address and zip code. Results can be viewed in a variety of ways including by attendance boundary, ward, neighborhood or zip code.
What information is available on the map?
The map features color-coded pins for each school that you can click to access general information about schools such as contact information, grade category, grades and track. The school popup box also provides a link to the school's detailed profile page that has more extensive information including enrollment, academic performance and demographics.
How do I find my neighborhood school?
Type your street address into the text box and click the search button. Schools near your location will appear in a list on the left side of the screen. Click a school name to see its location on the map.
How can I see the attendance boundary for a neighborhood school?
Click on a colored school pin on the map to see the attendance boundary for that school. The attendance boundary will appear as a shaded area on the map. This will help you identify the attendance area down to the street level. It can sometimes be helpful to zoom in on the map to see specific street names.
How do I find a school by name?
Choose "Search by name" and click the drop down list of schools to find a school by name. Schools are listed in alphabetical order. When a school is selected, the school location will be marked with a colored pin on the map and a popup box will appear with additional information. Click on "View more school info" to learn more about the school.
What is an overlay?
An overlay is a transparent layer of additional information that appears on top of the existing map to help denote specific boundaries or regions. For example, a zip code overlay will show boundaries for all the zip codes in Chicago. Click on a specific boundary area on the map to see more details about that area.
What if I only want to see high schools or elementary schools?
To filter the schools that appear on the map, click on Grade Category and uncheck any grades categories you do not want to appear. For example, to view high schools only, uncheck Elementary School and Middle School to remove these types of schools from the map results. By default all grade categories (elementary, middle and high school) are displayed.
School Locator - What's New
- Added 2015-16 boundary overlay for 3 high schools (Curie, Hubbard, Solorio).
- Updated Programs Offered.
- Updated Programs and School Ratings information for 2014.
- Updated Tiers and Classification information for 2014. Programs and School Ratings are not updated for 2014 in this version.
- Updated school location, boundary data, and political overlays for 2014. Classifications, Programs and School Ratings are not updated in this version.
- Updated to 2013 Network Overlay.
- Updated to 2012-2013 Performance Ratings.
- Updated program types and CPS Tiers for 2013.
- Added Performance Rating filter and icons.
- Changed default search to Search by School Name.
- Updated school list and school attendance boundaries for 2013-14 school year. Added Safe Passage route information.
- Added Programs Offered: Early Childhood, Fine and Performing Arts, International Baccalaureate, JROTC, Military Academy, Montessori, Early College STEM School.
- Added Political Overlays: IL House, IL Senate, and US Congressional.
- The school locator launches with search by address, school name, zip code, show all schools, Program Type filter, School Classification filter, url search, .25 - 2.5 mile radius, three grade categories (elementary, middle, high), eight overlays (elementary boundary, middle school boundary, high school boundary, community area, ward, zip code, elementary network, and high school network), help guide, video tutorial, faq and feedback form.