Students can now apply for all of the following:
- magnet, magnet cluster, open enrollment and selective enrollment elementary schools
- magnet, selective enrollment, IB, Military, and CTE programs at the high school level
Beginning this year, ALL students can apply online at www.apply.cps.edu.
- Step 1: Open an account at www.apply.cps.edu and request a Personalized Identification Number (PIN). This PIN will be mailed to your home address.
- Step 2: Enter your PIN at www.apply.cps.edu to schedule your selective enrollment exam, IB or Military information session, and/or Magnet school audition on the dates and times that work best for you.
All students are encouraged to use the online application process, however paper applications will be available at www.cpsoae.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Students who schedule selective enrollment exams in October or November will receive their test results prior to the application deadline of December 12, allowing them to make a more informed decision on where to apply.
- Prior to this year, the self-scheduling option was only available for high school students. To make planning easier for families, it is now open to all students (elementary and high school) who apply online.
- Non-CPS students applying to grades 5-8 will need to take the CPS-administered NWEA MAP. Scores from this test are used to determine eligibility to take the selective enrollment elementary school’s admissions exam. For registration information, visit www.cpsoae.org.
Complete information on the application process is available through the CPS Office of Access and Enrollment. This includes a comprehensive list of elementary and high school academic programs, assistance in determining selective enrollment and magnet school tiers, and an informational video on the high school application process. To access this information, visit www.cpsoae.org.