Jobs for Illinois Graduates is a graduation pathway program that prepares at-risk youth for graduation and a career. It is an affiliate of a successful national program, Jobs for America’s Graduates, which focuses on meeting the critical challenge of employment for our youth today. JILG has 81 competencies that help students overcome academic, social and other barriers.
- Successfully graduate students from high school
- Select a career path consistent with students interest and aptitudes
- Students learn how to write an effective resume, cover letter, thank you letter, and a letter of resignation
- Students are able to make presentations before business people, educators and local officials
- Students can network with peers and potential bosses
Through the Jobs for Illinois Graduates program, students learn leadership development, citizenship, social development, and career preparation. Learn more at the websites below.