All CPS Schools to Offer Free Meals for Pick Up During Closure Beginning Tuesday, March 17
15 March 2020
Families Can Pick Up Free Meals Outside of ALL CPS District Schools During the Closure
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Sunday, March 15, 2020
CHICAGO – Following the school closure mandate issued by Governor JB Pritzker Chicago Public Schools (CPS) will close beginning Tuesday, March 17. During the closure, all CPS schools will offer free meals for pick up. Important information for families can be found below:
- Free meals for all CPS students outside of all CPS school locations.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 17 through the closure, between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- ALL CPS district schools will offer free meals for students.
- Select charter school locations will also offer meals; a link to those locations can be found here.
- Families can pick up meals outside of their nearest CPS school - they DO NOT need to pick up meals at their school of attendance.
- Any student (district school, charter school, options school, etc.) can access meals at the location that’s closest to them.
- Families can find their nearest CPS school at CPS.edu/map.
DETAILS ON MEALS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Each child in the household will receive a food bag which will contain three days of breakfast and lunch meals.
- Enrichment activity packets will also be available for pick up at these locations.
UPDATES AND CONTACT:
- For additional information and the latest updates, families should visit cps.edu/coronavirus.
- Families with questions about meals and other family services can call the CPS Command Center at 773-553-KIDS (5437) between 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicago Public Schools serves 355,000 students in 642 schools. It is the nation’s third-largest school district.