Staying in contact with your school before the first day of class is an important part of making sure you are informed and prepared to start the new school year. So if you have not done so, make sure to call your school and update your contact information if you have a current or returning student, or enroll if you are new to CPS or your school.
Each school will manage communications differently, but in general families should look out for and make sure to track and participate in the following information sharing opportunities:
- Virtual meet-and-greet sessions to meet teacher, counselors and administrators
- Weekly newsletters to parents and students
- Phone calls with individualized requests
- Emails with details written updates
- Office hours where staff are available for phone or video conversations with families