Children must provide proof of required immunizations and health exams before October 15, 2020, or they will face exclusion from school.
Physical Examination requirements due upon enrollment, or by 10/15/20
Physical Examination must be completed within one year prior to entry to:
- Preschool and kindergarten (physical exam and lead screening through age 6)
- 6th grade and 9th grade (ages 5, 11, 15 for un-graded programs)
- Any student entering CPS for the first time
Vision Examination requirements due upon enrollment, no later than 10/15/20
- Entering the State of Illinois for the first time at any grade level.
- Entering kindergarten
Dental Examination requirements due 5/15/21 for kindergarten, 2nd, 6th grade and 9th grade.
CPS Student Health Forms
- CPS Student Health Forms – Booklet
All Schools (English and Spanish versions provided)
- 2020/2021 Minimum Health Requirements for School [ English | Spanish ]
- Student Medical Information Form [ English | Spanish ]
- Health Insurance and SNAP/Food Stamps Enrollment Information [ English | Spanish ]
- Dental Exam Consent (Participating Schools only [ English | Spanish ]
- Vision Exam Consent [ English | Spanish ]
- Healthcare Provider Statement for Food Substitution Form [ English | Spanish ]
- Request for Emergency and Health Information [ English | Spanish | Polish ]
- School Messaging Consent Form [ English | Spanish | Polish ]
- Aspen Quickguide [ Coming Soon! ]
- Media Consent Form and Release [ English | Spanish | Polish ]
- Family Income and Information Form [ English / Spanish ]
Get Health Insurance
Health insurance can provide children and their families with comprehensive health care coverage that can be used for doctor’s visits, immunizations, prescription medications, dental care, eye exams, glasses and more!
If you would like help enrolling your child in health insurance, call the Healthy CPS Hotline: 773-553-KIDS (5437) or visit www.cps.edu/cfbu.
All Kids Health Insurance provides coverage for children in Illinois, regardless of immigration status. If you need help finding a health center near you please call: 773-553-KIDS (5437) or visit https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov.
- How do I submit proof of immunization and/or health exam?
The following forms should be completed by your child's doctor's office, and will then be accepted by your child's school to satisfy the health requirements. The school will enter proof of completion in the Student Information System:
State of Illinois Child Health Examination Form [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
State of Illinois Proof of Dental Examination Form [ ENGLISH ]
Early Childhood Health Requirements (Ages 3-5) [ ENGLISH ]
State of Illinois Vision Examination Report [ ENGLISH ]
- What do I do if my child has asthma, diabetes, or food allergies?
Follow the four-step chronic conditions reporting process [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]. Visit Health Forms for Medical Providers to download forms related to food allergy, asthma, diabetes, and the administration of medication.
- How does my family obtain medical insurance?
CPS encourages all families to have a family doctor. If you are in need of health insurance or need help renewing your health insurance, call 773-553-KIDS (5437) or fill out a ticket at cps.edu/health. Find the nearest enrollment site and additional information on the Children and Family Benefit Unit (CFBU) website.
- What if I have more questions about student health and wellness?
Call 773-553-KIDS (5437) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.