Types of Devices
The most commonly used student technology devices are:
- Tablets: Google Chromebooks, Apple iPad
- Computers: Windows Laptops, Apple MacBooks
- Smart Phones: Apple iPhones, Android Smartphones
Once on a device, Chrome and Safari web browsers are recommended for accessing CPS web resources.
Getting a Device
- Current CPS Issued Device: If you had already received a CPS issues technology device, please hold on to it and use it. Students should only return devices if they are transferring or graduating to a new school (grades 8-9), graduating from high school or otherwise leaving the district.
- New CPS Issued Device: CPS is issuing hundreds of thousands of technology devices to students that need them. If you do not have a technology device to use for remote learning, contact your school to inquire about getting access to one.
- Personal Device: Families can use personal technology devices they already have access to, or purchase devices from any local or online technology retailer.
Get A Device
Using a Device
For students who have received a CPS-issued device, please refer to the following guidance to get started:
- Chromebook Quick Start Guide [ ENGLISH | ARABIC | CHINESE | POLISH | SPANISH | URDU ]
- iPad Quick Start Guide [ ENGLISH | ARABIC | CHINESE | POLISH | SPANISH | URDU ]
- Windows Laptop Quick Start Guide [ ENGLISH | ARABIC | CHINESE | POLISH | SPANISH | URDU ]
*CPS does not issue MacBooks or smart phones as student technology devices. Please consult the manufacturer or service provider for details on how to use these devices.