SY22 Enrollment will be limited to students with health or medical needs documented by a healthcare provider. Applications will be approved through the Office of Student Health & Wellness. See below to find out if your student falls under this criteria. Apply by submitting the SY22 Application located at the bottom of this page.
Students who are Medically Fragile may display the following characteristics in addition to one of the defined Medically Fragile conditions below:
- Are frequently absent from school, and their absences are directly related to their severe or life-threatening physical condition.
- Qualify for special education in one of the existing categories of disability or are considered disabled under Section 504.
- A Licensed physician/advanced practice registered nurse has provided documentation that an associated or accompanying chronic illness is so severe as to affect the student's school attendance.
- A medically fragile student is one whose illness and treatment frequently places him/her in extreme, precarious or life threatening circumstances.
In addition, he/she may be technology-dependent for life support systems, i.e., tracheotomy, gastrostomy, etc.
Medically Fragile Conditions
Category B (eligible if attendance is below 75%/yearly)
- Asthma, unspecified
- Cerebral Palsy, unspecified
- Colitis, noninfectious, unspecified
- Crohn’s Disease (regional enteritis, unspecified site)
- Congenital Anomalies, unspecified
- Chronic Kidney Disease/End-Stage Renal Disease
- Heart Disease/Hypertension
- Down Syndrome