- Manner and Effect of Delegation of Authority. With the exception of those powers and authority exclusively reserved to the Board by the Illinois School Code, as it exists now, or as it may be hereafter amended, the Board may delegate its authority by Board Rule, Board Policy, Board Resolution, Board Report or other Board action. Where the Board has delegated authority to an Officer or his/her designee, that Officer or his/her designee may take all actions consistent with the delegation without further Board action or authority and the action shall be binding upon the Board at the time the Officer acts.
- Authority Not Specifically Delegated. The Board reserves to itself all authority and power it has not specifically delegated to another by Board Rule, Board Policy, Board Resolution, Board Report or other Board action.
- Authority over Departments and Delegated Authority. Chiefs, Officers and heads of departments have the authority to supervise their respective departments or units, including all employees within their departments or units, and to take all actions delegated to them by Board Rule, Policy, Resolution, Board Report or other Board action. Said Chiefs, Officers and heads of departments or units may delegate their authority to employees within their departments or units, including any authority delegated to them by the Board.
- Policy and Rules /
- Board Rules /
- Chapter II: Conduct of the Business of the Board of Education
- 2-13: Delegation of Board Authority
Delegation of Board Authority