Chicago Early Learning Workforce Scholarship
The Mayor’s Office, City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)- Harry S. Truman College, Chicago Public Schools (CPS), and the Department of Family & Support Services (DFSS) collaborated to launch the Chicago Early Learning Workforce Scholarship (CELWS) initiative. CELWS aims to support Chicagoans and the current Chicago Early Learning workforce as they pursue coursework to earn a credential, degree, endorsement, or licensure to work with young children (birth through Pre-k) and families in Chicago Early Learning programs.
The scholarship serves an important role in Chicago’s efforts to expand access to early learning across the city and build a more robust workforce that can help Chicago expand high quality early learning programs. CELWS provides recipients with meaningful career pathways through partnerships with Institutions of Higher Education, which also offer students personalized supports as they navigate their desired course of study.
Which academic/degree pathways are available?
- Basic and Advanced Certificates
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree (Associate to Bachelor pathway)
- Alternative Licensure (Alt-PEL)
- Coursework to earn:
- Gateways Credentials
Where Can I Learn More?
You can read more about our college/university partners and programs offered by visiting the links below:
- City Colleges of Chicago programs in Child Development, Human Development and Family Studies, and Social Work . To search for endorsements, visit Academic Catalog.
- National Louis University (Associate to Bachelor degree pathway) B.A. in Early Childhood Education, Infant-Toddler Studies, and Applied Educational Studies
- Roosevelt University (Associate to Bachelor degree pathway) B.A. in Early Childhood Education
- University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) Early Childhood Alternative Licensure program
More information on ECE Credentials can be found at Gateways to Opportunities, a professional development support system for Illinois.
Please continue to check the website and subscribe to the Chicago Early Learning mailing list here for updates and upcoming events. If you have any questions or need additional support, please contact email@example.com.
Additional Scholarship resources can be found at:
Frequently Asked Questions
Read These FAQs before applying: