- Authorized Signatories.
- President and Secretary. Except as otherwise provided in these Rules, the President and Secretary of the Board shall sign and execute all contracts duly authorized by order, resolution or direction of the Board and shall sign and execute leases of school property or property required for school purposes duly authorized by order, resolution or direction of the Board, in each case, which have been approved as to legal form by the General Counsel. The President, with the approval of the Board, may designate one or more persons who shall have proxy authority to affix the signature of the President to such contracts or leases. In the absence of the Secretary, the Assistant Secretary shall sign such contracts or leases. The Board may, at its discretion, authorize and designate a signatory for leases and contracts under certain specified dollar amounts and for ancillary documents that serve to administer or effectuate a contract or lease. In the event the President abstains from a contract or lease matter, the Board-approved contract or lease may be executed by the Vice President. In the case of abstention by the President and the absence, disability or abstention of the Vice President, the Board-approved contract or lease may be executed by any member of the Board. When so signed, executed and approved, such contracts and leases shall be deemed to be duly executed by the Board.
- The General Counsel. The General Counsel shall sign and execute all contracts involving the settlement of legal matters approved by the Board or approved by the General Counsel in accordance with these rules. The General Counsel shall approve all contracts as to their legal form and those contracts authorized under Section 7-13.
- The Chief Executive Officer and Designees. The Chief Executive Officer’s designees as set forth in this rule shall execute all contracts that they have been authorized by these rules to approve.
- Electronic Transactions. Any document, affidavit, certification or form required by this Chapter or submitted in connection with any Procurement may be accepted in electronic format subject to compliance with accepted means and methods of verification and authentication of electronic signatures.
- Electronic Signatures. Contracts and other documents may be signed by authorized Board signatories and counter-signed by vendors or partners electronically, subject to compliance with accepted means and methods of verification and authentication. The Board, its officers and its agents shall rely on electronic signatures so made as authentic signatures binding on the Board and the counter-signatories and the institutions they represent, in accordance with the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, adopted by the State of Illinois.
|Cross References||Board Rule 7-12 was revised and adopted at the April 26, 2023 Board Meeting [Board Report 23-0426-RU3].|
|Public Comment||Pursuant to Board Rule 2-6 Chapter VII was subject to Public Comment from 2/17/23-3/17/23 and adopted at the April 26, 2023 Board Meeting [Board Report 23-0426-RU3].|