Chicago Public Schools is home to more than 470 elementary schools that offer a wide variety of program options to meet the academic interests of students. We want all of our families to attend the school that is the best fit for their needs, so students can either attend the general education program of the neighborhood school in the attendance boundary of their primary home address, or apply to attend any elementary school in the city that they are eligible for and that has available seats.
The Application Process is
Divided into Three Phases:
- Create an account and a family profile.
- Find CPS schools and programs using multiple search and display options.
- Find your neighborhood school using your computer or mobile phone’s geo-location.
- Attend virtual open house events.
- Select and rank the schools and programs to which you'll apply.
- Submit application.
- Receive offers from schools you applied to, if applicable, and accept or decline them.
- Participate in the Waitlist process if applicable.
Contact Info Office of Access & Enrollment
Chicago Public Schools
42 W. Madison St, 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60602