Chicago Public Schools is home to more than 160 high schools that offer a wide variety of program options to meet the academic interests of students. We want all of our families to attend the school that is the best fit for their needs, so students can either attend the general education program of the neighborhood school within the attendance boundary of their primary home address or apply to attend any high school in the city that they are eligible for and that has available seats.
- Create an account and a family profile.
- Find your neighborhood school and tier using the school locator.
- View school profiles with detailed background, contact, performance, program, and admissions data.
- Review a list of schools and programs to which the student is eligible to apply.
- Learn about which schools are the best fit for your student.
- Complete any pre-application requirements (tests, screens, etc…).
- Attend virtual or in-person open house events.
- Select and rank the schools and programs to which you'll apply.
- Submit your application.