- Holidays. Employees otherwise scheduled to work shall not be scheduled to work on Board holidays, except as necessary for the security and maintenance of facilities. Holidays that fall on a Sunday shall be observed on the Monday following the holiday. Holidays that fall on a Saturday shall not be observed.
- Holiday Pay and Conditions for Holiday Pay. Employees, other than substitute teachers, and part-time/seasonal employees shall be paid their regular pay for the holiday. In the case of teachers, “regular pay” includes pay for extended day and regularly scheduled classes authorized on an overtime basis. To be eligible for holiday pay, employees must work either the day before or the day after the holiday, unless the employee has been approved to use sick or vacation benefit time on those days, except that appointed and temporarily assigned teachers and principals who are appointed or assigned on the day after Labor Day shall be eligible for holiday pay for the Labor Day holiday. Employees who are scheduled to work on the day before or the day after a holiday in order to make up for school days (including professional development, school improvement, teacher institute or parent conference days) lost due to emergencies, snow days, cold weather days or work stoppage days shall not become eligible for holiday pay for that holiday. Other eligibility requirements may be established by collective bargaining agreements or Board policies.
- Teachers’ Religious Holidays. Appointed teachers shall be granted up to three (3) non-attendance days with pay in a school year for the observance of religious holidays, which shall not be considered an absence, provided that:
- The appointed teacher must give written notice to the school principal at least two (2) days in advance of non-attendance for the religious holiday; and
- The cost of providing a substitute teacher shall be deducted from the appointed teacher’s pay.
|Final||Board Rule 4-10 was adopted on a Final basis at the February 26, 2020 Board
Meeting [Board Report 20-0226-RU2].
|Public Comment||Pursuant to Board Rule 2-6 this Rule [4-10] was subject to Public Comment
from 12/16/19-1/15/20 and amended/adopted on an interim basis at the
December 11, 2019 Board Meeting [Board Report 19-1211-RU2].