Communications promotes the district’s vision, mission, activities, and priorities, as well as aids schools by promoting their work and assisting in crisis situations, through a full range of tools, channels, and strategies designed to engage key internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as the advisor/liaison between the district, media, and general public so that the public has a better understanding of CPS initiatives, accomplishments, needs, and goals
- Act as an information liaison between the district and administrators
- Advise and assist principals and others in the district where media is concerned
- Obtain resources for CPS programs and schools to establish marketing partnerships with appropriate companies
- Provide timely and complete responses to requests for information pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Media Consent Forms
In order for your child to be photographed, filmed, or videotaped for non-profit use by CPS, he or she must have a consent form signed by a parent or guardian on file at school. Consent forms are generally handed out during the first week of school. Consent forms for students are available for download below. Return the signed form to your child's school.