- Monitoring the school improvement plan—also known as their school’s CIWP.
- Monitoring the school's budget and expenditures.
- Evaluating their school’s principal annually, as well as selecting a new contract principal for their school or renewing the contract of their current principal.
- Each LSCs set their own regular meeting schedules, which can be obtained directly from the school.
If you are a parent, community member, student, or teacher looking to get more involved with your school, we encourage you to consider running in your school’s LSC election.
The application window for the 2024 LSC elections opens on October 16, 2023. To apply, candidates must download and fill out the application forms below and return them with two forms of identification to the school for which they intend to run as a candidate by Thursday, February 8, 2024 at 3:00 p.m. CST.
- Parents and community members have the option to file a Form 4-24 Candidate Statement.
- School staff candidates must file a Form 5-24 School Staff Candidate Information Form.
- Student candidates must file a Form 6-24 Student Candidate Information Form.
- Please Note: The same candidate forms are used for traditional LSCs, appointed LSCs (ALSC) and boards of governors (BOG).
2024 Traditional Local School Council Nomination Materials
|Candidate Materials||Required / Optional||Documents|
|LSC Election Timeline||Optional||English | Spanish|
|LSC Candidate Packet Cover Letter||Optional||English | Spanish|
|Candidate Nomination Form 1-24||Required for All Candidates||English | Spanish|
|LSC Criminal Conviction Disclosure / Enumerated and Disqualifying Offenses Form 2-24||Required for All Candidates||ENGLISH | SPANISH|
|LSC Telephone Number Disclosure Form 3-24||Required for All Candidates||English | Spanish|
|LSC Candidate Statement Form 4-24||Optional||English | Spanish|
|LSC Student Candidate Statement Form 4S-24||Optional||English | SPANISH|
|LSC Teacher/Non-Teacher Staff Candidate Information Form 5-24||Required for All Teacher / Non-Teacher Staff Candidates||English | Spanish|
|LSC Student Candidate Information Form 6-24||Optional for School Student Candidates||English | Spanish|
|LSC Withdrawal of Candidacy Form 7-24||Optional||English | Spanish|
|LSC Certification of Election Results Form 28-24||Optional||English | Spanish|
|LSC Pre-Election Challenge Petition Form 9-24||Optional||English | Spanish|
|LSC Post-Election Challenge Petition Form 21-24||Optional||English | Spanish|
2024 Voting Guide
LSC elections are here. Read our election guide to find out how to vote in person on April 10 for elementary schools and April 11 for high schools. Before you go to the polls, be sure to learn what forms of ID to bring, how to complete a ballot, and where you are eligible to vote.