Use the resources below to prepare for a successful start to the 2023-24 school year.
Enroll Your Student
Learn how to enroll your child in school, apply for programs, and begin or continue your journey with CPS.
Complete Back-to-School Forms
View health requirements and access back-to-school forms for the 2023-24 school year.
Summer Safety Tips
- If you have questions about which vaccines are best for you or your child, CPS recommends that you talk to your doctor who knows your health history.
- The COVID-19 vaccine, including booster, is recommended for everyone 6 months and older. Visit our vaccination webpage to learn more.
- Contact the Office of Student Health and Wellness at 773-553-KIDS(5437) if you need help with health insurance.
- Parents should know where their children are at all times.
- Do not swim in areas that do not have a lifeguard on duty.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun can be harmful. Children should dress appropriately and not be exposed to the sun for long periods of time.
- Students are encouraged to travel together in pairs whenever possible.
- If a student feels uncomfortable or threatened in any way, they should go to the nearest business or populated area and call for help.
- While having a phone can help in a crisis, students should use phones with good judgment and be aware of their surroundings.
- Students should report any suspicious vehicles, persons or behavior to the police or a trusted adult.
- Students and parents or guardians can report any concerns of sexual misconduct to CPS Office of Student Protections and Title IX at (773) 535-4400, firstname.lastname@example.org or with our online complaint form.
- Please call the Cook County Crime Stoppers, 1-888-881-0606, for assistance in preventing violence in your home, on your street, in your school and in your community.