The Virtual Academy is currently accepting students on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
- Complete Medical Referral: [ English | Spanish ]
- Submit Referral: Submit online or Fax 773-534-9468.
- Questions: VirtualAcademy@cps.edu.
The Virtual Academy serves students PreK - 12th from district-run schools who have a medical condition that results in virtual being a better learning format. Instruction is aligned with the CPS Skyline curriculum. All instruction in the Virtual Academy is in compliance with Illinois School Code 10-29. Students will be enrolled for one academic year. Students can reapply annually.
Classes will be offered in a 100 percent virtual format and will include community building, self-paced, and movement breaks.
- Instruction will be provided by CPS teachers. Candidates interested in the Virtual Academy may apply at cps.edu/Careers.
- Students in district-run schools will retain their seat at the CPS school they are currently enrolled.
- Enrollment will be for the academic year.
- Special education and bilingual services will be available through the Virtual Academy.
- While the Virtual Academy will offer as many course options as possible, some specialized programs may not be available.
- The Virtual Academy will offer after-school tutoring, SEL support, and various clubs.