The Virtual Academy is accepting students with medical need (and siblings) for the 2022 - 2023 school year on a rolling basis.
How to Apply
The Virtual Academy serves students PreK - 12th from district run schools who have a medical condition that results in virtual being a better learning format. Instruction is aligned to the CPS Skyline curriculum. All instruction in the Virtual Academy is in compliance with Illinois School Code 10-29. Students will be enrolled for one academic year. All students not enrolled in the Virtual Academy will attend in person learning next year.
Classes will be offered in a 100 percent virtual format, and will include community building, self paced and movement breaks.
- Instruction will be provided by CPS teachers. Candidates interested in the Virtual Academy may apply at cps.edu/Careers.
- Students in district-run schools will retain their seat in the CPS school they would have attended in the fall of 2021 for as long as they are enrolled in the Virtual Academy.
- Enrollment will be for the academic year.
- Special education and bilingual services will be available through the Virtual Academy.
- While the Virtual Academy will offer as many course options as possible, some specialized programs may not be available.
- The Virtual Academy will offering after school tutoring, SEL support and various clubs.