National Transportation Shortage
CPS Transportation Services has been significantly impacted by the national bus driver shortage. As a result, we are prioritizing those students most in need of transportation services, maximizing those routes in service, and distributing financial assistance in order to ease the burden on those who traditionally rely on CPS for transportation.
Financial Assistance Program
Current students eligible for transportation services from CPS are eligible for a $500 per month financial aid incentive, to enable families to self-transport their student to school for the remainder of the 2022-2023 school year. As long as the student maintains enrollment at a CPS school and remains eligible for transportation services for the 2022-2023 school year, this student is eligible for this financial aid.
Transportation Shortage Updates
We will continue to update families with new information about our response to the national transportation shortage as it becomes available.
SY2022-2023 Transportation Services Forms
- Application for Transportation Service [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- Chicago Park District - Park Kids Program [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- Day/Child-Care Stop Change Request for Students with Disabilities [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- School Transportation Stop Change Request [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- Safety Hazard Exemption Request [ ENGLISH ]
- Sibling Transportation Request [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
Bus Aide Hotline