Make Your Mark on School Food
The deadline to respond to the school food survey has been extended! Share your opinion on your school's food by participating in the survey by March 9.
The 2024 CPS Annual School Food Survey is an opportunity for students and parents to share opinions about the school meal program and preferences about meal offerings. Our goal is to increase participation in school meals by offering food that reflects the preferences of our students and families, while meeting federal and local requirements.
What to Know Before Taking the Survey
- Win a prize for your school: The elementary school and high school with the highest response rate will receive a special prize.
- Your voice matters: Information collected from the survey will inform school food decisions for next school year and beyond.
- Who should participate: CPS students and parents/guardians are invited to take the survey. If you have multiple students, you may complete a separate survey for each school.
- Quick and easy: The survey should take 5 to 10 minutes. It must be completed in one sitting. If you close your browser, the data will not be saved.
- One more thing: The survey can only be completed if your school serves CPS meals. While all District-run schools serve CPS meals, charter and contract schools may opt out.
How We Listen Reacting to Your Feedback
We listen to students and families through tastings, focus groups, surveys and school visits. Here are just a few ways your feedback has made an impact:
- Miss the CPS salad bars? We’ve incorporated chef salads into our core menu offerings.
- Diverse dietary needs? The district currently makes accommodations for the top allergens, vegetarian, Kosher, and Halal diets and strives to be responsive to students’ needs.
- Improved recipes with a focus on details. We’ve modified our mac and cheese recipe and we’re taking a new approach to rice.
- Cinnamon Rolls and Donuts: Keeping our standard of Whole Grain, we’ve incorporated these student-requested items into our offerings
- Flavorful Limited Time Offers? We’ve incorporated Chicago favorites, seasonal comfort foods, chicken Aloha bowls, stuffed crust pizza, gyros, chicken pot pies, jambalaya and more on the menu.
- Local ingredients: Served up twice per month, we offer our local chicken drumsticks with rotating flavor profiles.