CPS has established computer science as a priority for all students in kindergarten through 12th grades. Computer science develops students' computational and critical thinking skills and shows them how to create, not simply use, new technologies so they can succeed in a tech-driven world.
Our mission is to maximize the innate potential of every student through a computer science education defined by equity, empowerment, and opportunity.
Our vision is that our students will become global citizens who understand the ubiquity of computing. We will give students the tools they need to revolutionize their communities, our nation, and the world.
- Training teachers
- Developing assessments of student performance and teacher effectiveness
- Providing coaches to high school teachers
- Guiding schools to best tailor their integration computer science curriculum to suit their students’ needs and interests
- Researching and analyzing our work to improve outcomes for our students
- Partnering with universities and others to advance educational and work opportunities for students
- Supporting after-school and out-of-school activities, such as robotics, coding clubs, and hackathons
- Developing cutting-edge computer science coursework
- Distributing phones, tablets, and hotspots to students who don’t have internet access at home via the 1million Project