We develop and manage CPS’ annual operating and capital budgets and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, prepare long-term financial projections, secure both short-term and long-term resources to provide adequate liquidity, and provide data, information, analysis, knowledge and methods for our leaders to anticipate and respond effectively to the challenges facing Chicago Public Schools.
- Spearheading CPS’ financial strategy to support effective budget planning
- Maximizing available funds
- Ensuring an equitable distribution of resources to support student success based on the district vision
- Supporting the needs of students, families, staff, and community partners in interactions and communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and utilizing efficient financial systems
- Monitoring and analyzing budgetary activity
- Monitoring and implementing cost-effective operating processes
- Providing timely and accurate financial reporting
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Provides administration and oversight of all financial activities within the Office of Finance including the Office of the Controller, the Office of Budget and Grants Management, and the Office of Treasury and Risk Management.773-553-2710
Office of the Controller
(Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Internal Accounts, and Corporate Accounting)
We manage financial operations and provide timely, accurate, and relevant financial reporting.
Office of Budget and Grants Management (OBGM)
We support strategic utilization of all resources, aligning them to district mission and priorities, to increase student achievement.
Office of the Treasurer and Risk Management
Treasury manages debt, investments, and cash flow activities to optimize liquidity, maximize investment earnings, and obtain the most efficient financing for capital projects, given the Board’s available resources and risk tolerance.
Risk Management manages the property and casualty exposure of the district’s plant and operations through insurance policies, self-insurance claims administration, and risk transfer via vendor contracts.773-553-2790