We partner with students, educators, and communities to build transformational schools that ignite curiosity, promote agency, and elevate active participation in our Democracy.
The Department of Social Science and Civic Engagement oversees curriculum, training, resources, partnerships, and events that promote civic life across the district. Some examples include:
- K-12 Social Science Instruction
- Service Learning & Civic Oriented Project-Based Learning
- Student Leadership Groups: Student Voice Committees, Student Voice and Activism Fellows, Student Advisory Council
- Student Voice 360
- CIMBY: Environmental Advocacy
- Financial Education
- Districtwide Civic Life Initiatives
Social Science and Civic Engagement
Visit the CPS Department of Social Science and Civic Engagement Website to access culturally responsive resources and curriculum, standards and mandates, districtwide call-to-actions, the department calendar, and more.