CPS Athletics and Sports Programs provides all students, regardless of race, gender or ethnicity, opportunities to develop physically, mentally, and emotionally in controlled, safe activities outside of the traditional classroom. Participation in school sports provides students with experiences that foster character, citizenship, and academic achievement.
- Overseeing Chicago Public League High School Interscholastic Sports
- Managing operational logistics for high school interscholastic competitions across three seasons and for the citywide summer sports camp sessions
- Facilitating the comprehensive professional development of all high school athletic directors and coaches, which includes recognition of rules, regulations, and conduct of all who are associated with the Sports Administration mission
- Managing the Elementary Sports Program
- Increasing the participation of elementary-age students and helping build healthy habits through the CPS SCORE! program, a districtwide “no-cut” sports initiative
- Managing the Driver Education program
- Oversee classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel activities for students at 20 citywide locations