How Vendors work with CPS
We work with hundreds of vendors who help CPS deliver high-quality education and enrichment opportunities to Chicago students. When a vendor has a product or service they feel would benefit our students, schools and district, they can go through the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process. Once they have completed and submitted all necessary documentation, the request is then reviewed and vetted by the organization. With regard to collecting and using student data, vendors must agree and sign contracts to adhere to the CPS SOPPA policies and Illinois law.
View CPS Vendors
Use the LearnPlatform to search for and view information about CPS vendors, including subject matter content, associated grade levels, approval status, contracts, and more.
To ensure that schools and CPS departments who work with vendors have access to the tools needed, the Board is committed to onboarding vendors on a rolling basis through the first year of the SOPPA implementation. As a result, the Educational Technology Products and Services RFQ will be opened/closed each school quarter from February 2021 through June 2022.
Any vendor seeking to provide educational technology products, applications, and services to the district should respond to the RFQ to be considered for a contract.
Why Vendors Collect Student Data
Vendors help us connect students to technology that supports learning, growth and achievement in the classroom and in daily life. Many of these resources use student data for a variety of educational purposes, including:
- Promoting active learning
- Connecting students to online resources
- Analyzing student performance for immediate feedback
- Automating processes such as attendance and grading
- Offering assistive technology options
- Developing life skills that form critical foundations for future success
Vendor Responsibilities for Student Data
Once a vendor has collected student data, it is their responsibility to ensure legal and regulatory compliance for all student data. This includes following COPPA and FERPA laws in addition to adhering to the Student Online Personal Protection Act. The vendor is also required to protect the safety and integrity of all data. The data shall never be used for anything other than furthering the performance or expanding on educational services.
Work With CPS
Vendors interested in working with CPS may submit a request for qualifications (RFQ) through normal procurement channels. To begin this process, follow these steps:
- Visit our Contracting Opportunities page.
- Find the Supplemental Educational Technology Products and Services RFQ.
- Vendors will be required to log in or register to download the RFQ documents.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding the RFQ, please contact email@example.com.