Every school will designate one or more rooms as care rooms where sick or symptomatic students will be moved to and provided appropriate supervision. Students will remain in the care room at all times, including meals, but can be excused to go to the bathroom. Once a student is in the care room, the following steps will be initiated:
- The main office will be alerted to contact the student’s parent or guardian and arrange for them to be picked up.
- Parents and guardians should make arrangements to pick up their student within two hours of being notified; however, students can remain in the care room longer if this is not feasible.
- The student’s attendance and temperature will be marked in Aspen and a health screener will be submitted for them.
- The Care Room Attendant (CRA) will complete the Referral for Suspected Illness Form | Spanish
While in the care room, students will:
- Remove their cloth face covering and wear a surgical mask provided by the CRA. This mask should only be removed if the student needs to eat or drink.
- Maintain social distance of at least six feet and stay in their assigned seat.
- Use disposable facial tissues and dispose of them in a labeled, lined bin.
- Use a specifically designated restroom and personal water bottle.
Students may bring personal items into the care room and can work on school assignments while waiting for their parents. Once students have been picked up by their parents or guardians, the care room will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.