Why Tuition-Based Preschool?
The Tuition-Based Preschool program provides:
- Ten-hour school day for a fixed tuition
- High-quality preschool experience
- A standardized curriculum: Creative Curriculum Literacy Approach is used in all classrooms, providing a research-based structure to support student growth and learning
- Operation is the length of the CPS school year
- Enrichment activities and field trips
Step 1: Visit each school’s webpage to gain a better understanding of the school and its program.
Step 2: Download an application – Tuition Based Program Application SY2020-2021
Step 3: Submit an application directly to the school(s) you are interested in. You may apply to multiple schools.
- Tuition is due on the 20th for the upcoming month. On the 25th, a $40 late fee is added. On the first of that new month, an email and letter will be sent notifying the family that unless payment is received by the 15th of that new month the student will be removed. If the month is still unpaid by the 15th of that new month, the child is removed. A child may return if there is space and all balances are paid. Any closed accounts with unpaid tuition will be turned over to a collection agency.
- Once a placement is offered, a non-refundable deposit of $700 must be made to secure the spot. Deposits should be made through the Illinois E-Pay system. Acceptance in the program is not final until the deposit is received.
Note: You will need your child’s CPS ID to complete the deposit process. The ID can be obtained from your child’s school.
- This deposit is non-refundable. Once tuition billing begins, the amount will be credited to the annual tuition balance.