The Tuition-Based Preschool program provides:
- A high-quality preschool experience
- A standardized curriculum: Creative Curriculum Literacy Approach is used in all classrooms, providing a research-based structure to support student growth and learning
- Enrichment activities and field trips, dependent upon public health guidance
Step 1: Visit each school’s webpage to gain a better understanding of the school and its program.
Step 2: Download an application
- Mayer Tuition-based Preschool Program Application SY2021-2022
- South Loop Tuition-based Preschool Program Application SY2021-2022
Step 3: Submit an application directly to the school(s) you are interested in. You may apply to multiple schools.
- TBP programs will only be offered at Mayer and South Loop if enrollment minimums are met.
The program’s dates of operation are in alignment with the CPS calendar.
If a program does not meet the minimum enrollment requirements, any collected tuition for that program will be refunded.
Tuition is due on the 20th for the upcoming month. On the 25th, a $40 late fee is added. On the first of that new month, an email and letter will be sent notifying the family that unless payment is received by the 15th of that new month, the child will be removed. If the tuition is still unpaid by the 15th of that new month, the child is removed. A child may return if there is space and all balances are paid. Any closed accounts with unpaid tuition will be turned over to a collection agency.
Once a placement is offered, a non-refundable deposit of $700 must be made to secure the spot. Deposits should be made through the Illinois E-Pay system. Acceptance in the program is not final until the deposit is received. Note: You will need your child’s CPS ID to complete the deposit process. The ID can be obtained from the school from which your child received the offer.
This deposit is non-refundable. Once tuition billing begins, the amount will be credited to the annual tuition balance.
There will not be a remote learning TBP option for the 2021-2022 school year. Tuition will only be discounted for periods of CPS-directed at-home learning.