Every school will designate one room as a care room where sick or symptomatic students will be moved to and provided appropriate supervision. Students will remain in the care room until their parents or guardians pick them up.
- When a student is in the care room, the following steps are to be initiated:
- The main office will be alerted to contact the student’s parent or guardian.
- Parents and guardians should make arrangements to pick up the student(s) within two hours of being notified; however, students can remain in the care room longer if this is not feasible.
- The student’s attendance and temperature will be recorded in Aspen, and a health screener will be submitted for them.
- The Care Room Attendant (CRA) will complete the Referral for Suspected Illness Form [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
While in the care room, students will:
- Remove their cloth face covering and wear a surgical mask provided by the CRA. This mask should only be removed if the student needs to eat or drink.
- Maintain a social distance of at least three feet and stay in their assigned seat.
- Use disposable facial tissues and dispose of them in a labeled, lined bin.
- Use a specifically designated restroom and personal water bottle.
Students may bring personal items into the care room and work on school assignments while waiting for their parents or guardian. When the student leaves the care room, the Care Room Attendant (CRA) will clean and disinfect the area(s). Care Rooms are cleaned and disinfected in the evening by our custodial team.