Top of Page

Health and Wellness Requirements

Our top priority is keeping all students safe and healthy. In order to do so, CPS has specific health requirements for enrollment. These include:

  • Immunizations and physical health exams for some grade levels. 
  • An eye exam for some students. 
  • A dental exam for some students. 

To find out what's required for your child, please review the Minimum Health Requirements.

  • 2021-22 Minimum Health Requirements for School [ ENGLISH  |  SPANISH ]

Student Health Forms


The Student Health Forms Booklet includes all the forms that parents and caregivers must complete for their students at the beginning of the year. 

  • 2021-2022 Student Health and School Forms Booklet [ ENGLISH  |  SPANISH ]

Health Forms

Bring these forms to your health care provider and return them to your school. CPS staff will review the forms and may contact the medical provider to clarify services required during school hours.

While these forms often say “physician,” they may also be completed by other medical providers (MD, DO, APRN or PA).

Frequently Asked Questions

For questions about Illinois student health requirements, please contact your school's main office.

How do I submit proof of immunization and/or health exam?

The following forms should be completed by your child's doctor's office, and will then be accepted by your child's school to satisfy the health requirements. The school will enter proof of completion in the Student Information System:

  • State of Illinois Child Health Examination Form [ ENGLISH  |  SPANISH ]
  • State of Illinois Proof of Dental Examination Form [ ENGLISH  |  SPANISH ]
  • Early Childhood Health Requirements (Ages 3-5) [ ENGLISH ]
  • State of Illinois Vision Examination Report [ ENGLISH ]

What do I do if my child has asthma, diabetes, or food allergies?

Follow the four-step chronic conditions reporting process [ ENGLISH  |  SPANISH ]. Visit Health Forms for Parents and Caregivers to download forms related to food allergy, asthma, diabetes, and the administration of medication.

How does my family obtain medical insurance?

CPS encourages all families to have a family doctor. If you are in need of health insurance or need help renewing your health insurance, call 773-553-KIDS (5437). Find the nearest enrollment site and additional information on the Children and Family Benefit Unit (CFBU) website.

What if I have more questions about student health and wellness?

Call 773-553-KIDS (5437) or email  

For questions about Illinois student health requirements, please contact your school's main office.

Looking For a Different Form?

Find more health and safety forms used by CPS at the Health Forms for Parents and Caregivers page.