We provide innovative technology solutions that improve the quality of education for students, reduce the administrative burden on educators, facilitate parent interaction, increase community engagement, and support CPS’ mission of transparency by focusing on the ease and equity of access to information.
- Designing programs to maximize education by empowering staff and students to use information and technology in the schools
- Supporting more than 400,000 devices, including desktops, laptops, Chromebooks, and iPads, across the district
- Running and maintaining core district systems that are used by more than 30,000 CPS staff members every day, including Student Information, Finance, and Human Resources
- Providing a robust data and telephone network across all CPS locations
- Responding to over 150,000 requests for technical support annually
- Managing 2,500 servers and 20,000 pieces of network equipment, including network switches and wireless access points
- Providing technology-based professional development to all CPS staff members, including Tech Talk, Googlepalooza, and Google Certified Educator Boot Camps
Student Records and School Performance
Run and maintain Aspen, the student information system, and oversee the data warehouse, CPS Dashboard, and performance analytics.
Operating and Supporting Systems
Provide technical support for Finance, Talent, Payroll, the Learning Hub, CPS.edu, and other supporting ITS functions, such as training and communications.
Manage data center, telephones, and the data network, including school wireless networks and internet connections.
Provide project management, organizational change management, and enterprise architecture support to facilitate the smooth migration to new systems, tools, and processes and establish consistent and repeatable practices.
Improve information security posture by protecting the confidentiality of sensitive data, preserving the integrity of IT assets and ensure the availability of IT services to fulfill the department's mission.
Client Computing Support
Offer computer engineering and help desk technical support and oversight of field service support vendors, software licensing, and device acquisitions.