There may be times when the district needs to change available meal sites. These changes may happen for several reasons:
- Community needs for nutrition support may change
- Sites may merge to cover unexpected staffing demands or absences
- A school may need to undergo special cleaning or repairs
- Equipment may need to be serviced or replaced
- A school may need to undergo a COVID-19 or other public health investigation
Summer Meal Programs
Through the Summer Food Service Program, CPS will continue to offer a variety of nutritious meals to anyone age 18 and younger throughout the summer. Meal kits containing 3 breakfasts and 3 lunches will be available at over 270 locations throughout the city. Children do not need to be present and families can take meal kits home. The summer meal distribution schedule is Monday-Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm from June 22nd-August 28th.