Student Specific Corrective Action (SSCA) provides remedies to students with disabilities to make up for delays and denials of services that may have been caused by specific special education procedural changes during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 school years.
To facilitate the process of getting remedies to families who may be eligible for additional support, the district is offering Universal Enrichment Remedies (UERs) to a group of students who may have been impacted. The resources on this page provide information on the procedures for SSCA and your rights. We will continue to provide ongoing updates to support our parents as they become available.
Our priority is to improve outreach and opportunities to the community in an effort to ensure quality and equitable services to all students. For questions about Student Specific Corrective Action, contact the SSCA Helpline by calling 773-553-1843, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Guidance Documents
- Student Specific Corrective Action Procedures[ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- Student Specific Corrective Action Safeguards [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- Student Specific Corrective Action FAQs [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
Universal Enrichment Remedy (UER) Guidance
- UER Guidance Document [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- UER General Waiver [ ENGLISH ]
- UER Transportation Waiver [ ENGLISH ]
- Parent Reimbursement Guidance [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- What to Expect at Your UER Call [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
Universal Enrichment Remedy Options
- Universal Enrichment Remedy Vendors [ ENGLISH ]
- For the Equip for Equality Hotline, call 312-895-7231
- Student Specific Correction Action (SSCA) Referral List [ ENGLISH ]
- SSCA Important Parent Notice of Special Education Service - February 2020 [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- ISBE Letter to Parents - November 2018 [ English | Spanish ]
- ODLSS Budget Webinar Presentation [ English ]
Procedural Guidance Public Comment
|Current Policy||Proposed Policy||Public Comment Period||Status||Comments|
|Student Specific Corrective Action Guidelines||8/6 to 9/20/20||Closed to comment||View comments|