Helping families and staff access COVID-19 testing is critical as we return to in-person learning. Generally, COVID-19 testing strategies fall into three categories:
- Symptomatic Testing: Testing those experiencing COVID-like symptoms
- Quarantine Testing: Testing those who are a close contact of a COVID-positive person
- Surveillance Testing: Testing a population of asymptomatic individuals
CPS will manage a voluntary, free, school-based surveillance testing program for employees and students. Additional information is also provided below with resources to support families and staff requiring symptomatic or quarantine testing.
*As a general precaution, employees or students who are experiencing COVID-like symptoms or have been in close contact with a COVID-positive person should stay home, report their condition through the health screener, and contact their healthcare provider for further guidance.
Symptomatic and Quarantine Testing
If you or your child needs to access a COVID-19 test because of symptoms or being in close proximity to a COVID-positive individual, please follow the steps below. A list of pediatric testing sites can be found HERE.
Private, Employer, or CPS-provided Insurance:
- Contact your primary health care provider; some insurance plans require the provider to order and schedule a COVID-19 test.
- Contact your insurance plan provider to find out what types of tests are covered and at what locations. In certain plans, transportation costs relating to treatment can be covered by the provider.
- Contact your primary health care provider. Some insurance plans require COVID-19 tests to be ordered and scheduled by them.
- Contact your managed care provider to find out what types of tests are covered and at what locations. In certain plans, transportation costs relating to treatment can be covered by the provider. Contact information for common providers can be found below.
- Blue Cross Community Health Plans: (1-877-860-2837)
- CountyCare Health Plan: (1-312-864-8200)
- Aetna Better Health: (1-866-329-4701)
- Meridian Health: (1-866-606-3700)
- Molina HealthCare: (1-855-687-7861)
- If you are a CPS family and have questions about your insurance plan, please contact the Office of Student Health & Wellness at 773-553-KIDS (5437).
I Do Not Have Insurance:
If you do not have insurance and need help accessing public health benefits, please contact the Office of Student Health & Wellness at 773-553-KIDS (5437) or fill out an assistance request at cps.edu/health.