Grants have different applications, requirements, and restrictions. After submitting the FAFSA, students are automatically considered for three types of grants:
- State of Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP) grant
(for Illinois residents)
- Federal Pell Grant (Pell)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
The FAFSA4caster can provide an estimate or “forecast” of Pell Grant eligibility based on family tax information.
Grants from specific colleges
Colleges provide grants based on various criteria. Visit college websites to research available grants, view eligibility requirements, and receive instructions on how to apply. Contact the financial aid office if you have any questions about grants.
- Monetary Award Program (MAP)
- Illinois National Guard (ING) Grant Program
- Illinois Veteran Grant (IVG) Program
- Grant Program for Dependents of Police or Fire Officers
- Grant Program for Dependents of Correctional Officers
- Grant Program for Exonerees
- Higher Education License Plate (HELP) Program
- AIM HIGH Grant Pilot Program