Judges are responsible for monitoring the electoral process by:
- Verifying voter eligibility
- Issuing ballots to verified voters
- Counting votes
- Presenting the election results to the school community
Judge applications may be submitted to any CPS school that is hosting an LSC election or the Office of Local School Council Relations at the Garfield Park Office on the third floor of 2651 W. Washington Blvd.
The deadline for submitting applications is March 8, 2022.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications by the end of January for processing and preferred placement.
All LSC election judge applicants must file the following forms and be verified to work in the United States by the IRS. All candidates must also complete a mandatory two-hour training, and will receive more details after they submit their applications. The two-hour training is planned to be in-person. Please see updates on this page for more information on days/times and locations.
Judges can be assigned to work Wednesday, April 20th and/or Thursday, April 21st. Judges are paid $250 PER DAY worked.
- 2022 LSC Election Judge Applicant Letter [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- Judge Application Form [ ENGLISH | Spanish ]
- IRS W9 Form [ English | Spanish ]
- CPS Internal Accounts Vendor Request Form [ ENGLISH | SPANISH ]
- 2022 Election Judge Manual [ ENGLISH ]
Submit the judge application form, IRS W-9 Form and CPS Vendor request form via email to LSCJudge@cps.edu.
For any questions regarding the LSC election judge application process, please contact the election coordinator at the school or call the Office of Local School Council Relations at 773-553-1400 or email LSCRelations@cps.edu.