Join us for the Youth Mental Health Leadership Summit, a new CPS event aimed at breaking the stigma around mental health and empowering high school students to support themselves and each other.
What to Expect
Our summit’s theme is "You’re Special," which serves as a reminder that CPS students are not alone and that their mental health and well-being matter. The summit includes a variety of activities to give students a space to express their ideas and learn strategies for self-care, including:
- Student-led workshops on topics such as stress management, social media, and healthy coping skills
- A panel of CPS mental health professionals that will answer student questions and outline valuable resources
- Photo booths
- A DJ
WhenSaturday, May 6, 2023
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WhereMalcolm X College
1900 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60612
WhoAll CPS high school students are eligible to attend
(Maximum of 400)
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided at this event, so please include any dietary restrictions when you complete the registration form.
- Parental consent is required to attend this event. A permission slip is included in the registration form and must be attached to your completed form before you submit it.
- Buses will be provided from some CPS high schools. Please don't let transportation deter you from registering.
Student Art Competition
Students have the opportunity to design and submit a piece of art to be displayed on the Art Gallery Wall at the summit. And one of these pieces could even become the logo for next year’s event! A few things to keep in mind:
- Your art must be an original design (no logos or copyrighted images)
- It must only contain school-appropriate language and images
- It should reflect a theme related to mental health, such as self-care, managing stress, or supporting your peers
Are you a CPS staff member interested in volunteering? Sign up by filling out the registration form.