Top of Page

School Social Workers

Providing holistic support for Chicago’s youth.

If you’re looking for a new challenge, put your talent to work for students in Chicago Public Schools.

As a CPS School Social Worker, you will become part of the continuum of care within our school communities as you build relationships with students, parents, and faculty. Our students need wraparound support now more than ever, and CPS is working to ensure that every school has a full-time social worker ready to provide holistic support for all students.

CPS social workers must be licensed by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) to work in public schools, and earn a total compensation of over 70K. You’ll also enjoy full healthcare benefits and paid holidays. Join a winning team making a difference for Chicago kids!

Apply Today

Power of a Friend - The No Bully Zone poster

School Social Worker

School Social Workers in CPS must have a master’s degree and ISBE certification. School Social Workers are citywide employees who report to social work coordinators at CPS Central Office.