Access to the Central Business District and the Loop has been limited to residents and employees located within designated boundaries. Only families who reside within the Central Business District and the Loop will be able to pick up grab-and-go meals at Haines, NTA, South Loop, and Payton until further notice.
The health and wellbeing of our students and staff is always our top priority. Since the temporary closure of our schools due to COVID-19, Chicago Public Schools (CPS) has served millions of grab-and-go meals to families. We are committed to providing meals throughout the closure, and you can pick up meals at more than 270 schools, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
There may be times when the district needs to change available meal sites. These changes may happen for several reasons:
- Community needs for nutrition support may change
- Sites may merge to cover unexpected staffing demands or absences
- A school may need to undergo special cleaning or repairs
- Equipment may need to be serviced or replaced
- A school may need to undergo a COVID-19 or other public health investigation