If your child is currently enrolled in a CPS high school and wishes to transfer to a different school, contact the high school for information on transfer opportunities and guidelines. Each school establishes its own guidelines and requirements for transfer students.
Parents or legal guardians are required to present the following documents to enroll their child in a school for the first time:
Proof of Age
Parents or legal guardians are required to present the following documents to enroll their child in school:
- Documents can include, but is not limited to, any ONE of the documents listed below:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's baptismal record
- Court documents
- Medical Records
Proof of Current Address
Documents can include, but are not limited to, any TWO of the documents listed below:
- Current utility bill
- Illinois driver's license or State of Illinois identification card
- Employee identification number
- MediPlan/Medicaid card
- Court documents
- Illinois Department of Public Aid Card
- Stamped United States Post Office change of address form
- Illinois state aid check/social security check
Research shows that healthy students have better attendance and perform better in school, academically. Children must have proof of required immunizations and health exams before October 15 of the current school year or they will face exclusion from school. Please remember that a healthy child is a healthy learner.
Immunizations and physicals are required for students entering ninth grade. It is recommended that students receive their immunizations and physicals prior to the end of their eighth grade year.
Children are encouraged to submit their required immunizations and physicals prior to the start of the school year and no later than October 15 of the current school year or they will face expulsion from school.
Physical examination Requirements
All students must have a physical examination within one year of:
- entering schools in the State of Illinois for the first time at any grade level
- entering kindergarten or first grade, fifth grade, and ninth grade (ages 5, 10, 15 for ungraded programs)
- entering preschool up to age 6 (physical exam and lead screenings)
- Diptheria, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus (DTP/Td)
- Inactivated Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Haemophillus Influenza, Type B (HIB)
For questions about enrollment and required forms, contact your school.
Charter and Contract Schools
If your student has accepted placement in a charter or contract school, follow the same enrollment process for district-managed schools. For questions and additional information, contact your chosen school directly.
Options Schools provide opportunities for students to return to school to complete requirements for graduation.
School Profile Search
Find detailed info about a school, including programs and admissions requirements, after school activities, family support services, and school performance reports.
Find your neighborhood schools, view neighborhood attendance boundaries, and conduct proximity searches to find the CPS schools nearest you.