Our Healthy Celebrations guidelines ensure that students receive consistent health messages and can help teach healthy lifestyle choices by reducing the emotional association between unhealthy food and celebrations. It allows schools and students to be creative: some ideas are classroom dance parties, scavenger hunts, and craft activities.
- Sample Healthy Celebrations and Fundraisers, School to Parent Letter
- Booklet of one-pagers for Healthy Celebrations ideas
- Focus on fun rather than food.
- Food may not be served in competition with breakfast or lunch programs.
- Maximum of two celebrations per year where foods of minimal nutritional value are served.
- Food celebrations during the school day must meet nutrition guidelines. The school day is defined as 12:00 a.m. the day before until 30 minutes after the last bell.
- Schools must adhere to the CPS District Healthy Snack and Beverage Policy.